Alejandro Rueda carries out all sorts of stone works such as coats of arms, fountains, sculptures, bas-reliefs, washing places, etc.
He uses different types of stone including marble and slate.
He usually carves his pieces using traditional tools, such as maces, chisels, tooth chisels, bull point chisels, hand tracers, bush hammers, toothed stone axes, etc. He also uses the radial saw and the pneumatic hammer to carry out the roughing of certain pieces.
The two techniques he uses for sculpture works are direct carving and the pointing technique.
He also carries out stereotomy works such as arches, vaults, spiral staircases, etc.
He also works in the restoration of heritage regarding stone, as well as in traditional dwellings and unique buildings. The restoration works tend to include the substitution of stone pieces, cleaning and consolidating stone pieces, reconstructing others with mortar, imitating stone, etc.
– Masonry and Stereotomy at the Crafts Center of León.
– Craftsmanship in Marble at the Consorcio Escuela de Mármol de Fines (CEMAF), Macael (Almería).
– Marble sculpture in Cava Fratelli Torri, Carrara (Italy).
– Creation and modification of 2D and 3D plans using Autocad in CEMAF, Macael (Almería).
Two-day course in introduction to artisanal stone carving.
Demonstrative and participative stone workshops in samples of crafts and thematic markets all throughout Spain.
– Construction of the chapel of the Cemetery of Fresno del Camino.
– Restoration of the tower of the Church of Los Barrios de Luna.
– Replica of the piece Mujer en descanso by the sculptress Castorina (Parque escultórico Monte de San Isidro, León).
– Restoration and reconstruction of the bell-gable of the Tower of Babia.
– Intervention in the Tower of Doña Berenguela (León).
– Restoration of the Mausoleum for the Carballo family (cemetery in León).
– Elaboration of jambs for the southern façade of the Cathedral of León.
– Placing of Roman mosaics (private dwelling, Astorga).
– Manufacture and placement of the Spanish constitutional coat of arms at the Academia Básica del Aire (La Virgen del Camino, León).
– Manufacture of gargoyles for the church of Santa María del Mar (Barcelona), in collaboration with Pedres Peña and Jordi Martí.
– Manufacture of pieces for the Sagrada Familia (Barcelona).
– Manufacture of the sculpture in honour of blood donors (La Virgen del Camino, León).
– Restoration of the façade of the Church of Santa María del Camino (León).