Manufacture of pure Natural Hydraulic Lime NHL.
The manufacturing plant Cemento Natural Tigre was founded in the year 1945 by Mr. Francisco Carulla Casanelles. At that time, he purchased a factory which was fully operational since the end of the 19th century, where he renewed the production process and built a new manufacturing centre in the municipality of Cervera (Lérida).
In the year 1960, the business was taken over by the nephew of its founder, Mr. Jaume Carulla Casals, who continued with the manufacture of Natural Cement and Natural Hydraulic Lime, incorporating new technologies to improve the process of production and to be able to satisfy the demands of the market until the beginning of the year 2009.
At Cemento Natural Tigre they obtain their raw material from stone quarries – characterized by being constant and homogeneous. This stone exploitation began towards the end of the 19th century. Thousands of hundred-year-old buildings built using Natural Hydraulic Lime NHL TIGRE are the living proof of the good constructive properties of this material.
Family legacy. They are currently the third generation dedicated to the manufacture of these products for construction.
Training professionals who have worked or work at present at the manufacturing plant.
– Restoration of the Castle of Ucero (Soria).
– Restoration of the Castle of Montsoriu (Girona).
– Repair of the bridge over the River Narcea in Cornellana (Asturias).
– Restoration of the Monastery of Santa María de Valdeiglesias, in Pelayos de la Presa (Madrid).
– Development of 14 newly-built dwellings following sustainability criteria in San Ferrán (Formentera).