David G. Bernabé is a specialist in lime stuccoes, a millenary artisanal craft, and in the application of noble and natural materials giving way to a sustainable and ecological architecture. The traditional lime stucco enables him to create decorative finishes that no modern material can imitate in terms of its nobility, durability, versatility and beauty.
He applies any sort of traditional lime stucco (sgraffito, hot-ironed stuccoes, lliscado, scraped, imitating stone, imitating marble, air lime stuccoes turned into hydraulic ones with pozzolan or tejoleta, made of grinded ceramic tiles or bricks), hydraulic lime finishes (imitating stone, tadelakt…), lime paints, glazings, etc.
He carries out all the stuccoes and paintings on site, both pigmentation and formulation.
He also restores all types of stuccoes and natural stone.
He started in this craft thanks to his mother’s family when he was only 16 years old. He has also worked with various masters with whom he has constantly continued to learn. He has also attended several courses, and he obtained the title of professional stucco plasterer at the Instituto Gaudí.
– From 1996 to 2000, hired by the company Tecreha SL., subcontracted by GROC.
– Carrer D´Arai 1, esquina Escudellers. Raphaello Programme. Cleaning, consolidation, reintegration and retrieval by means of silicate paint of the sgraffito and the lime stuccoes of the façade.
– Carrer Nou de San Francesc 17. Quilting of two floors. Lime stuccoes (composition of the socles, black colour). In the lower floor levels, restoration of the stuccoes.
– Jardín de les Hespérides. Porta del Drac, Gaudi. Cleaning, primer coat and applying of enamel.
– Former station of the Magoria. Restoration of the façade.
– Salardú. Restoration of the Church of Sant Andréu. Cleaning, applying of lime mortar.
– Avda. Francesc Ferrer i Guàrdia 6-8. Casa Ramona (current Fundación la Caixa). Cleaning, repair and consolidation of the works which can be seen from the façade.
–Santa Águeda Tower (Cathedral in Barcelona). Cleaning, grouting and restoration of the stone on the inside.
– Plaza Antoni López 6. Quilting of the entire façade, manufacture of lime stuccoes and sgraffito.